Monday, 17 January 2011

More of the same!

dfgfdgfgdfg WHAT. Two posts in one night? Yeah boi, I'm on fire.

An attempt at a Leyendecker style self-portrait I did tonight. :I


I'm teeeerrible at self-portraits at the best of times, so posting this is slaying me, but awkward fail at likeness aside, it was super fun to do! I just need to practice with digital more, I guess? If I have time, I want to work on the hair to try to imitate that awesome shiny look he pulls off and try to push the painterly strokes, etc. more, because it's not quite... idk Leyendecker-ish enough? But I'm pretty pleased with the colour! He often does those rosy cheeked guys and cutesy gals and I don't think I'd normally push the saturation so far, so... :D

Aaaaand here's another Aztec dude because it's what cool kids draw.


Peace out! x

8 comments:

  1. Self portraits ^__^ Really great stuff. Especially the previous Leyendecker stuff. Your digital self portrait really looks like natural media, which is always a good thing =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have really nice jobs on your blog Amy! I'm already following you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, massive thanks to both of you! :D

    And hah, Ryan, there's no way in hell I'd be able to stomach doing as many as you do, but yeah, you can feel the benefit of doing them right off the mark. Again, respect to you, man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I thought I had commented on this earlier, because I've looked at your self portrait loads of time! I'm still loving it as much as the first time I saw it, your contouring and highlighting is ahhh- mazing :). Your mouth and eyes, ayieee! I saw some of your amazing sketchbook work in person, I wanna see some more on this blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a late reply, but thank you so much, Emily! You've made my day! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all over that self portrait. Less than I am all over your family in car crashes, but still :]
    Stunning blog here Amy. There's a beautiful crispness to the strong forms in your drawings, and the digipainting skills in this and the Leyendecker studies - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if that last comment lacks enough context for someone to think I am a very sick man... it's ok... I'm a doctor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! No no no. The lack of context is perfect. :D

    Thanks, Francis! I know I have so far to go, so that's a real boost. x

    ReplyDelete